Monday, October 15, 2007

Christmas card contest entries

Sarah my SU demo who is uber-talented had a card contest and she just posted the winner. The winning card is stunning.

These were my entries into her contest. I made them with my friend Cindy a few weeks ago in the midst of my car breaking down crisis. At least we were able to get some cards made in the middle of my car being in the repair shop. I used her SU Baroque Motifs stamp set. It actually is such a nice and versatile set. I mean hello- Christmas cards too!! Hmm, maybe I do need it before the new catalog comes out in January to tempt me.

Supplies- SU cardstock- Real Red, Handsome Hunter, Very Vanilla
SU- Ink- Handsome Hunter, Very vanilla- which I then embossed in gold as it didn't stand out as much as I had hoped it would.
Other- SU Brads
Stamps- SU- Baroque Motifs and All Year Cheer I (retired)



My 2nd entry. During the making of my first card I decided that the flowers definitely look like snowflakes as well, and so this card just totally came together.

Supplies:
SU- Ink and Cardstock- Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla
SU- Stamps- Baroque Motifs, Warm Words
Other- Ribbon- SU retired. Brads- SU, glitter- stickles, Paper piercer, Circle punch 1 1/4,

Snowflakes cut out by my dear friend Cindy who doesn't have scissor dyslexia :)

3 comments:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Your cards are so lovely, especially the snowflake one!! I still need to steal that idea... maybe I will use the idea to make some christmas gift tags. That would be cute.

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I think they are both winners! I especially like the "sparkle" :)

Randi said...

absolutely GORGEOUS!!!