Sunday, March 07, 2010

Oscars

Okay so I was not a very good Oscar nominee movie watcher this year. But I did manage to make it to the movies for a couple of them. In the local movie theatre the arts council sponsors a mini Film festival of sorts every spring. It runs once a week for 6 weeks. It is my favourite time of year. (Okay, anytime there is a film festival within driving distance is my favourite time of year.) I went this last week and saw An Education at the film fest. It was fantastic. Not at all what I expected, and an amazing film all around. And it was well deserving of it's nominations.

Earlier in the year I saw The Blind Side. It made me cry and I did like it a lot.

Still on my list of movies I must see is Up in the Air.

And I have no desire to see Avatar at all, not one single bit. I don't even feel like linking to it. That is how little I care for it. Google it if you are still interested in it. I am not.

All this to say, No, I didn't get to see the Oscar's this year. I will catch up with the award winners later online.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I want to see "The Blind Side" too... looks so good. We saw Up in the Air, and I am surprised it won awards.

I have no desire to see Avatar, either! We thought we were the only ones that didn't see it... guess not!!!